Friday, August 17, 2012

Go on, try it, you'll like it!

There's something passionate about music that makes you want to share. Positioned as per normal for a Friday at the pizza making station it comes to music time.  Not content with enjoying myself alone tonight, I feel the need to drag in others.

As fate would have it, my middle child drew the short straw. As she slid through the kitchen she was set the following task. "go to the CD rack and bring me an interesting looking CD you don't know, I'm going to play it for you". Imagine my suspicion when she returns with a CD starting with "A". Apparently she chose them because "they looked geeky". I reckon it was because it was the first CD in the (alphabetised) rack. The Animals - The Singles Plus.

Well, she lasted all of about 1 minute of the first track "Baby let me take you home" and she was off, back to watch "20 Hottest Tracks Right Now" on Juice TV. To be fair, I'd last about a minute watching that. So, what did she miss? Track 3 is a classic, "House of the Rising Sun" ranked #123 on Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list.

But for me the track of the CD is "It's My Life"

And baby, remember  
It's my life and I'll do what I want  
It's my mind and I'll think like I want  
Show me I'm wrong, hurt me sometime  
But some day I'll treat you real fine 
I'll treat you so fine, dear, you're so real

Lyrics were so much simpler back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hypersmash.com