Friday, October 12, 2012

Man-cation - Pump up the volume!

It's school holidays and the ladies of my house are away for four days to icy Naseby. What does this mean for me? It means I'm home alone on 'man-cation'. Fours days of doing whatever I like, well, apart from going to work for 8-10 hours a day...

Being a temporary bachelor not only means playing what music you want, when you want, as loud as you want. It also means eating 'man food'. If there is a lady out there who thinks the following dinner is a fine idea, I am yet to meet her.

Fish + sun-dried tomatoes + olives + anchovies + a packet of Moroccan cous cous. Divine!

Self set task set for the 4 days - Acquaint myself with Billy Bragg's Woody Guthrie period in preparation for the upcoming concert.  I can still remember seeing Billy Bragg for the first time on Radio With Pictures. One man and his guitar hollering about warm love and the Cold War. I've seen him twice before and headed into each concert knowing all the songs. He's older, I'm older, I hope the fire is still there for us both.
 
Oh, and also on the agenda, a BIG clean up on day 4. 

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hypersmash.com